*This program is hosted by our partner, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR), who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
New restrictions on immigration and increased immigration enforcement under the Trump Administration are having a profound impact on our nation, reaching from the dinner table to the board room, from courtrooms to classrooms. Few groups are facing as many challenges as the immigrant family. Join us for a webinar featuring a new report from The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, Living in an Immigrant Family in America: How Fear and Toxic Stress Are Affecting Daily Life, Well-Being, and Health. The report is based on focus groups held in eight cities across four states with a total of 100 parents in immigrant families, who represented 15 countries of origin, as well as on telephone interviews with 13 pediatricians who serve immigrant communities.
- How the new environment is affecting immigrant and refugee communities
- How this translates into policy and opportunities for deeper philanthropic engagement
- How to examine the experiences of immigrant parents and children, including immigrants who are undocumented and those lawfully present
- Samantha Artiga, Director, Disparities Policy Project, The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
- Lanre Omojokun Falusi, MD, FAAP, Pediatrician, Children's National Health System
- Mayra Alvarez, President, The Children’s Partnership
- Carolyn Wang Kong (Moderator), Senior Program Officer, Health Care and Coverage, Blue Shield of California Foundation
All interested funders. Please note that calls are open to GCIR members, other grantmaking institutions, philanthropic advisors, and members and staff of funder affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers. (Participation is limited to organizations that share GCIR’s core values.)
Registration is required by March 7th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.