Utilizing consultants to enhance grantmaking impact and grantee effectiveness is a growing trend. But, what are the roles of funders and consultants? How do roles vary by grantmaker type, size, or lifecycle? What value have grantmakers recognized from engaging or supporting consultants, and that are the characteristics of effective consultants and consulting engagements?
Join us for an interactive exchange, facilitated by Don Crocker, Executive Director/CEO of the Support Center/Partnership in Philanthropy and Board member of Grantmakers for Effective organizations.
- When (or if) grantmakers should engage/recommend/support consulting
- The range and types of consultants and consulting services
- How to choose a consultant
- Characteristics of and how to choose a consultant
- Average costs for different types of consulting services
- Managing the consultant relationship
- Additional resources
- Don Crocker, Chief Executive Officer, Support Center
2:45- 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by February 2nd.
Guests of Organizers:Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In Collaboration with