Social media has become much more than photo sharing and status updates. It is now a platform for current events, politics, advocacy, cultural shifts, collaboration and social justice. Social media platforms have become places of work, of stump speeches, of social and political announcements, and microphones of change and justice that reverberate around the world and throughout our communities. If you are in the business of trying to positively change the world, you need a social media strategy to strengthen and uniquely amplify your message and navigate the challenges that come with messaging in an often politically charged environment.
Join us for a lively panel discussion informed by communications, programmatic, management and legal perspectives on social media as a strategic communications and advocacy tool for both philanthropies and their grantees.
- How philanthropies can effectively use social media to support and advance their own work and that of their grantees
- Challenges philanthropies and grantees face when using social media for advocacy
- Best practices for using social media in a politically sensitive environment
- How philanthropies can successfully incorporate social media into their communications strategies
- Erin Greenberg, Communications Officer, Open Society Foundations
- Maria Mottola, Executive Director, New York Foundation
- Kay Murray, Deputy General Counsel, First Look Media
- A. Nicole Campbell (Moderator), Chief Executive Officer, Build Up Advisory Group
All interested funders
2:45 PM - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by July 24th.
PNY Members: To register yourself or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by whom you were invited. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.