Join the NYC Youth Funders for a session that will focus on the benefits of youth organizing and how these experiences help young people develop strong social-emotional competencies and tangible skills that promote academic and career success. The session will also explore the important role of youth organizing in today’s political climate and how funders can learn more about youth organizing.
- What youth organizing is and how it relates to youth development
- Extensive research findings on the benefits of youth organizing
- How the experiences of youth organizing campaigns have helped youth build resiliency and gain valuable skills
- The value of funding youth organizing and how funders can build the case for this work at their respective foundations
- Fahd Ahmed, Executive Director, DRUM
- Chitra Aiyer, Executive Director, Sadie Nash Leadership Project
- Eric Braxton, Executive Director, Funders' Collaborative on Youth Organizing
- Kesi Foster, Director, The Urban Youth Collaborative
- Sara McAlister, Principal Associate, Research & Policy, Annenberg Institute for School Reform
- Youth Representative of DRUM
- Youth Representative of Sadie Nash Leadership Project
- Youth Representative of The Urban Youth Collaborative
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by March 21st.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of NYC Youth Funders: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)