Wednesday, July 17, 2013 -
3:15pm to 5:00pm EDT
Philanthropy New York, 79 Fifth Ave., 4th floor, NYC
Add to Calendar
*Registration for this program is currently at capacity. Please check our site for future "Grantmaking as a Career?" programs.*
Learn about the field of philanthropy from one grantmaker's personal perspective. Philanthropy New York members who receive requests for informational interviews from jobseekers may refer those individuals to us for this session.
- The advantages and disadvantages of a career in grantmaking
- A realistic picture of the number of jobs available in the field at a given time
- How grantmaking is rarely a first profession
- Nonprofit sector jobs other than that of program officer
This session will not include
- specific job leads
- individual interviews with grantmakers contacts within the field
A Philanthropy New York Member Service.
- Jonathan Horowitz, Program Officer, J.P. Morgan Private Bank Philanthropic Services
Individuals interested in learning about careers in the field of philanthropy.