Wednesday, April 4, 2012 -
8:45am to 10:30am EDT
Philanthropy New York, 79 Fifth Ave., 4th floor, NYC
Add to Calendar
Created as a project of the Ford Foundation, GrantCraft was designed to increase the collective knowledge of the field and improve the practice of philanthropy by tapping the "practical wisdom" of experienced grantmakers. Over the past decade, GrantCraft has produced 30 guides and other tools (including workshops, surveys, and case studies). As a result of a competitive RFP process, GrantCraft recently became a joint program of the Foundation Center and the European Foundation Centre.
Please join us for the release of GrantCraft’s newest guide, A Fresh Look at Scanning the Landscape, and a conversation with several “scanners” facilitated by the new director of GrantCraft. For this publication, GrantCraft talked with funders working in the U.S. and Europe about scanning: how to frame questions, gather a diversity of viewpoints, manage expectations, and share the results of what they learned. This revised edition of an earlier guide also reflects key changes in the field, from the rise of social media to a growing tendency to scan continuously for changes and opportunities.
GrantCraft also seeks your ideas to help shape its future as a platform for funder education and engagement, working in concert with Philanthropy New York and other funder networks.
- What resources does GrantCraft offer funders—beginners, “intermediates,” and seasoned?
- What are some useful techniques and lessons learned about scanning the landscape for new ideas and directions?
- How has the practice of scanning changed, and what online tools are available to help?
- What ideas do you and your colleagues have to help make GrantCraft a “go-to” resource for funders?
A Philanthropy New York Collaborative Program co-sponsored by the Foundation Center.
- Brad Smith, President, Foundation Center
- Lisa Philp, Vice President for Strategic Philanthropy & Director of GrantCraft, Foundation Center
- Several funder colleagues who will discuss their techniques for scanning
All interested funders.