This program is co-hosted with our partners, Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP) and Ford Foundation. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
In partnership with Center for Effective Philanthropy and Ford Foundation, we invite you to join this special event celebrating the release of Giving Done Right: Effective Philanthropy and Making Every Dollar Count by Phil Buchanan, President of CEP.
As Philanthropy New York celebrates its 40th Anniversary this year, we are focused on examining philanthropy both innovatively and critically. This program will be the first of many conversations that we will have this year, including during and after our May 16th Annual Meeting, for self-reflection about how to engage in philanthropy in a way that is fully consistent with our values.
The program will also feature comments from Darren Walker, President of Ford Foundation and author of the book’s foreword, and Ronna Brown, President of Philanthropy New York.
- Lessons learned from some of philanthropy's biggest givers
- Commonly held myths of the field of philanthropy
- Examples that challenge prevailing notions of what smart philanthropy is
- How philanthropy can address the world's most intractable problems
*Copies and book signings of Phil Buchanan's Giving Done Right: Effective Philanthropy and Making Every Dollar Count will be made available at the program. First come, first served.
- Darren Walker (Welcome Remarks), President, Ford Foundation
- Phil Buchanan, President, Center for Effective Philanthropy
- Hilary Pennington (Discussant), Executive Vice President for Program, Ford Foundation
- Ronna Brown (Closing Remarks), President, Philanthropy New York
All interested funders.
Registration is required by April 16th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.