For our final Democracy Series Session we invite you to a conversation with Ayirini Fonseca-Sabune, New York City’s Chief Democracy Officer. The discussion will focus on efforts in New York City to promote civic engagement and expand opportunities for residents to participate in our democracy. Ms. Fonseca-Sabune will discuss her plan to amplify the voice of every New Yorker by building civic capacity and deepening engagement to improve communities, build a more equitable city, and to strengthen our democracy.
Lunch will be served.
- Strategies for sourcing, piloting, and scaling programming
- Learnings from community groups across the City about activating residents and meeting a community’s civic needs
- Priorities and goals for Ms. Fonseca-Sabune’s team through 2020
- Opportunities for philanthropy to support civic engagement and strengthen democracy
- Ayirini Fonseca-Sabune, New York City’s Chief Democracy Officer, DemocracyNYC
- Jennifer Ching, Executive Director, North Star Fund
All interested funders.
11:45 AM - 12:00 PM Check-in
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM Discussion
Registration is required by April 16th and space is limited.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
In collaboration with