With the new leadership in the state government in 2019, advocates across New York have called on state leaders to push through long-stalled criminal justice reforms. A wide variety of proposals are on the table — ranging from bail reform, parole reform and the discovery and speedy trial proposals. Community-based groups and advocates on the ground are working hard to push critical amendments to existing proposals that needed to make true and racially just reform.
Please join the Justice Reform Working Group for a briefing call on NYS Criminal Justice reform to understand what’s on the table and the potential impact.
The proposals for NYS criminal justice reform and their potential impacts
What to expect in the next legislative session according to some of the leading advocates
- Both immediate funding needs for legislative advocacy as well as implementation needs if bills pass
- What funders are doing currently and what how can they provide additional support
- Alyssa Aguilera, Co-Executive Director, Vocal-NY
- gabriel sayegh, Co-Founder & Co-Executive Director, Katal Center for Health, Equity, and Justice
- Prachi Patankar (Moderator), Program Director, Social Justice Program, J.M. Kaplan Fund
- Tasha Tucker (Moderator), Program Director, Racial Justice, Trinity Church Wall Street
All interested funders.
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Program
Registration is required by March 14th.
Registrants will receive call-in details a day prior to the program.
PNY Members: To register yourself or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of Co-Sponsors: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by whom you were invited. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.