Did you know that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Americans face higher rates of poverty than their straight counterparts? Have you heard that one in five transgender adults have experienced homelessness? Did you know that one quarter of LGBTQ people have been unable to feed their families in the last year?
If you are a funder committed to addressing poverty, food insecurity, housing and homelessness, or other issues facing Americans who are poor, please join Funders for LGBTQ Issues and our partners for a briefing on poverty in the LGBTQ community. We will hear from service providers, policy advocates, and fellow funders who are working hard at the intersections of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We will explore ways to ensure your grantmaking takes into account the unique experiences of LGBTQ community members.
- How LGBTQ people are disproportionately affected by poverty, food insecurity, homelessness, and other systems that perpetuate economic marginalization
- Innovative models for serving LGBTQ people living in poverty and advocates making systems change
- How your funding priorities intersect with issues facing LGBTQ people
- Carrie Davis, Chief Programs and Policy Office, The LGBT Community Center
- Jarrett Lucas, Executive Director, Stonewall Community Foundation
- Ana Oliveira, President & CEO, New York Women's Foundation
- Brad Sears, Executive Director, The Williams Institute
- Urvashi Vaid, Consultant, The LGBTQ Poverty Collabortive
- Kristina Wertz, Director of Engagement, Funders for LGBTQ Issues
- Alisha Williams, Senior Staff Attorney, Peter Cicchino Youth Project
- Ben Francisco Maulbeck (Moderator), President, Funders for LGBTQ Issues
All interested funders; funders of LGBTQ issues; funders committed to addressing poverty, food insecurity, housing and homelessness, or other issues facing Americans who are poor.
2:15 - 2:30 PM Check-in
2:30 - 4:30 PM Program
*Off-site reception to follow*
Registration is required by October 17th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please click the Register Now link above.
Guests of Organizers: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.