Thursday, October 25, 2012 -
9:00am to 12:00pm EDT
Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, 650 Fifth Avenue, 18th floor, NYC
Add to Calendar
Community Food Funders will have their next funders briefing on Thursday, October 25th. This event will focus on a new report: Five Borough Farm: Seeding the Future of Urban Agriculture in New York City.
- Conversations and discussions on the potential for urban agriculture in addressing public health, food justice, and environmental issues
A Philanthropy New York Members Briefing sponsored by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, with Community Food Funders, Merck Family Fund and the David Rockefeller Fund.
This program is "Partially Open."
- Susan Chin, Executive Director, Design Trust for Public Space
- Nevin Cohen, Policy Fellow, Assistant Professor at the New School, Five Borough Farm Project,
- Ian Marvy, Co-founder, Executive Director, Added Value
- Rupal Sangvhi, Metrics Fellow, Five Borough Farm Project, Founder, HealthxDesign
All interested funders, specifically those who are currently funding urban agriculture projects in NYC or those who are interested in funding these projects should participate in this briefing and strategy session.