According to a recent study by Pricewaterhouse Coopers, more than half of employees in the United States report that they are financially stressed, and nearly one in three employees report being distracted by personal financial issues while at work. To address this issue, several nonprofit organizations have partnered with employers to provide financial coaching and financial capability services to employees in the workplace.
The Asset Funders Network (AFN) and the University of Wisconsin Center for Financial Security will release a brief Supporting Employee Financial Stability: How Philanthropy Catalyzes Workplace Financial Coaching Programs that reviews innovative approaches employers believe increase recruitment and retention while impacting employee financial well-being, and includes recommendations for funders who want to invest in workplace approaches.
Please join Asset Funders Network for a special launch event to be held at Philanthropy New York and livestreamed nationally that will address the role of philanthropy in employer programs. The event will include a short overview of the brief by the author, followed by a facilitated panel discussion with funders.
Different models that deliver financial coaching to employees through a trusted source and at a time that is relevant and actionable
- How philanthropies can invest in new approaches that connect employer and employee well-being
- The role of philanthropy in employer programs and actionable recommendations for grantmakers
- Lawrence Bowdish, Director, Research and Issue Networks, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's Corporate Citizenship Center
- Hallie Leinhardt, Outreach Specialist, Center for Financial Security, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Kim Ostrowski, Vice President, Corporate Giving, Prudential
- Anne Romatowski, Vice President, Global Philanthropy, JPMorgan Chase
- Lisa Price (Moderator), Vice President, Asset Building Program Manager, Wells Fargo
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by September 26.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of AFN : Please email Karen Murrell, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee).
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.