Grantmakers are increasingly applying a racial equity lens to their investments as an essential element to effective philanthropy. This session, in partnership with the Asset Funders Network, will offer an in-depth discussion on best practices, effective models, and emerging tools that help us to apply a racial equity lens in the specific context of financial coaching.
This session will offer an opportunity for interested grantmakers to learn about a forthcoming brief about Financial Coaching with Racial Equity Lens and have a candid conversation with the brief's co-authors. Participants will learn about and react to specific, targeted recommendations for funders to support financial coaching with a racial equity lens.
- Key concepts in racial equity
- Examples of financial coaching with a racial equity lens in practice
- Highlighted strategies for effective financial coaching with a racial equity lens
- In-depth discussion and reactions to recommendations for funders to support racial equity through financial coaching practices
- Dr. Kira Hudson Banks, Co-Founder, The Mouse and the Elephant and Brief Co-Author
- Eric Ratinoff, Co-Founder, The Mouse and the Elephant and Brief Co-Author
- Karen Murrell (Moderator), Program Officer, Special Initiatives, Asset Funders Network
All interested funders in grantmaking roles. What to expect: Presentation followed by group discussion.
9:30 - 10:30 AM Program
Registration is required by November 9th. Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Members of Asset Funders Network: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.