Wednesday, October 16, 2013 -
8:45am to 11:00am EDT
Philanthropy New York, 4th Floor, 79 Fifth Avenue, NYC
Add to Calendar
This program is being offered as part of the Executive Assistants Network, but is relevant to anyone who considers themselves a board professional.
As the primary liaison to the Board, whatever your formal role, the goal is to ensure that the organization has a well-functioning board that understands their fiduciary responsibilities. The Board requires timely and effective communications, accurate record keeping, and a clear sense of their role. At this session you’ll have an opportunity to learn how you can be more effective in helping board members to achieve all their goals and meet responsibilities.
This discussion on board governance best practices will be moderated by Akilah Rosado-McQueen, Chief of Staff and Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees, Bank Street College of Education. Akilah is a member of the Association of Governing Boards Leadership Group.
As a leader amongst board professionals she is well equipped to discuss universal topics such as:
- How to run effective board meetings
- Types of Communications (Who, What, Where, Why, & When)
- Minutes and Record Keeping
- What Policies are Essential (and are you in compliance)
- Meeting/Material Timelines
- How do you ensure questions are answered
- Continued Development of Existing Board members
- Akilah Rosado-McQueen, Chief of Staff and Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees, Bankstreet College of Education