*Registration for this session has reached capacity. If you'd like to be added to our waitlist, please email: email@example.com*
After years of advocacy by young people, parents, educators, and communities, New York City is re-examining its approach to school safety and discipline.
This session will explore the following questions: Why is reform needed? How did advocates create the public will for reform? Now that the Mayor has formed a School Climate Leadership Team, what are the current opportunities for change? What lies ahead?
- Kavitha Mediratta, Head, Racial Equity Programmes, The Atlantic Philanthropies
- Shoshi Chowdhury, Coordinator, Dignity in Schools Campaign – NY
- Donna Lieberman, Executive Director, New York Civil Liberties Union
- Vincent Schiraldi, Senior Advisor, Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice
- Celeste Douglas-Wheeler, Principal, J.H.S. 57 in Brooklyn
- Tala Manassah, Deputy Executive Director, Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility
- Kim Sweet, Executive Director, Advocates for Children of New York
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by June 12th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In Collaboration with