Hear from one of the nation's foundation leaders as Dr. Granger discusses the strengths and weaknesses of strategies employed by the William T. Grant Foundation during his tenure to improve the quality of after-school programs. Representatives from a local and a national foundation as well as the New York City Department of Youth and Community Development will respond to Dr. Granger's remarks, drawing connections to their own funding of after-school programs. The panelists will then engage the audience in an interactive discussion of the strategic choices involved in developing effective grantmaking practices.
A Philanthropy New York Collaborative Program with the NYC Youth Funders.
This program is "Partially Open."
- Robert C. Granger, President, William T. Grant Foundation
- Laurie Dien, Senior Program Officer, The Pinkerton Foundation
- Dara Rose, Senior Program Officer, The Wallace Foundation
- Denice Williams, Assistant Commissioner, Department of Youth and Community Development
- Toya Williford, Program Director, Brooklyn Community Foundation
All interested funders.