*This program is hosted by our partner, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR), who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
The 2020 census was among the most fraught in recent history, with threats to a fair and complete count posed by the global pandemic and the federal administration’s attempt to limit the inclusion of immigrants. Fortunately, funders and other stakeholders built on the lessons of census 2010, and the California Census 2020 Statewide Funders Initiative coordinated investments with the state to maximize the number of Californians counted.
- The result of philanthropic investments during the 2020 census cycle
- How to preserve the infrastructure developed and knowledge gained in 2020 for the lead up to the 2030 census
- Christian Arana, Vice President of Policy, Latino Community Foundation
- Rachel Estrella, Senior Associate, Social Policy Research Associates
- Tara Westman, Senior Program Manager, The California Endowment
Who should attend?
All interested funders. Please note that calls are open to GCIR members, other grantmaking institutions, philanthropic advisors, and members and staff of funder affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers. (Participation is limited to organizations that share GCIR’s core values.)
Registration is required by November 5th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.