Passed in 2019, New York's Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) has had huge impacts on state policies and on attitudes towards addressing climate change at every level of government.
New York Renews is a multi-sector coalition of 250+ organizations that drafted and successfully campaigned to pass this landmark climate justice legislation, one of the nation's most progressive climate laws.
Join federal policymakers and New York Renews leaders, who will discuss how major elements of the coalition’s climate/jobs/justice legislative platform are providing models for federal policy initiatives. Particular areas to be highlighted include a mandate that 40% of state energy funds be allocated to most impacted communities and commitments to community-based solutions, a large-scale investment embodied by the Climate and Community Investment Act, and a just transition for communities and workers.
- Highlights of the coalitions' organizing efforts for climate justice
- How elements of the coalition's policy platform have become models for national climate action in this new political environment
- An “all of government” commitment, with 10 state agencies on the state’s Climate Action Council
- Where additional opportunities lie in building a renewable future that creates good jobs for New Yorkers and keeps frontline communities front and center
- Senator Chuck Schumer, Majority Leader, US Senate
- Shalanda Baker, Deputy Secretary for Energy Justice, U.S. Department of Energy
- Eddie Bautista, Executive Director, NYC Environmental Justice Alliance and Steering Committee Member, New York Renews
- Adrian Deveny, Energy and Environmental Policy Legislative Assistant, Senator Chuck Schumer's Office
- Stephan Edel, Coalition Coordinator, New York Renews
- Rahwa Ghirmatzion, Executive Director, People United for Sustainable Housing Buffalo and Steering Committee Member, New York Renews
- Raya Salter, Lead Policy Organizer, New York Renews
- Kate Sinding Daly (Moderator), Executive Director, NorthLight Foundation
All interested funders regardless of role in your foundation. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
Registration is required by February 21st.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.