Tuesday, April 2, 2013 -
8:30am to 11:00am EDT
Philanthropy New York, 79 Fifth Ave., 4th floor, NYC
Add to Calendar
Advocacy is much debated in the public sector. A recent Independent Sector study, Beyond the Cause: The Art and Science of Advocacy, identifies five essential approaches to successful advocacy and analyzes the effectiveness of advocacy on issues facing the entire nonprofit and philanthropic sector. Hear from nonprofit advocates and experts – including the lead author of Beyond the Cause, Independent Sector President and CEO Diana Aviv – about how they analyze the effectiveness of advocacy and what they consider best practices.
- Case studies and research about assessing advocacy and best practices
- How to best further your foundation or nonprofit’s mission through effective advocacy
- Current thinking from leading professionals on this topic
This is a Philanthropy New York Collaborative Program presented with Demos.
This program is "Partially Open."
- Diana Aviv, President and CEO, Independent Sector; Lead Author, Beyond the Cause
- Frances Kunreuther, Co-Director, Building Movement Project
- Kavitha Mediratta, Programme Executive, Children & Youth, The Atlantic Philanthropies
- Miles Rapoport (Moderator), President, Demos
All interested funders and invited nonprofit advocates.