Wednesday, December 9, 2009 -
2:00pm to 6:00pm EST
Philanthropy New York, 79 Fifth Ave., 4th floor, NYC
Add to Calendar
Presented by Philanthropy New York Funders of Women & Girls, a Philanthropy New York Professional Peer Network.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Philanthropy New York members concerned with poverty, education, health, and other issues affecting women and girls, and New York public policy.
Philanthropy New York Funders of Women and Girls is pleased to present "All Politics Is Local: Where are Women and Girls?" How is New York State public policy currently addressing the needs of women and girls? Is there a women’s agenda among New York's elected officials and how does it play out? Please join us for a lively discussion with New York State Senator Velmanette Montgomery, Chairperson of the Senate Committee on Children and Families, New York State Assembly member Deborah J. Glick, and invited guest Council Member Julissa Ferreras to learn more about the initiatives making a difference for local women and girls in areas such as social services, advocacy, education, economic security, and community-building. Ana Oliveira, President and CEO of The New York Women’s Foundation, will moderate the discussion.
Topics to be addressed include:
- What do funders need to be aware of in terms of issues affecting women and girls and the state/city’s response to them?
- What are the areas of need where funders could strategically leverage their resources to have the greatest impact?
- What conversations between nonprofits, funders, and government are needed to improve the lives of New York’s women and girls?
Following the program, please join us for a reception graciously hosted by The New York Community Trust.
Attendees are encouraged to submit questions for the speakers in advance to email@example.com.
- The Honorable Deborah J. Glick, Member, New York State Assembly
- The Honorable Velmanette Montgomery, New York State Senator
- Ana Oliveira (Moderator), President and CEO, The New York Women’s Foundation
- The Honorable Julissa Ferreras, Council Member, New York City Council (invited)