Natural climate solutions can provide over one-third of the cost-effective climate mitigation needed between now and 2030 to stabilize warming to below 2°C. To achieve the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions needed in this timeline, there is a call to elevate these efforts and continue the pursuit of a rapid transformation in global infrastructure, fossil fuel reductions, and transition to renewable energy. COVID-19 has also unexpectedly impacted how we think of these natural climate solutions on both a local and global scale. How will society’s thinking on this change for better or worse in the midst of a global pandemic?
We’ll discuss the ways this is taking shape across New York.
• Related provisions of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act
• A status update from organizations working to accelerate implementation of the law
• How these efforts are activating additional benefits, such as improving ecosystem resilience and biodiversity, enhancing agricultural practices, and advancing the health of urban communities
• How COVID-19 has reshaped the way we are thinking about climate related initiatives on the local and state level
- Sarah Charlop-Powers, Executive Director, Natural Areas Conservancy
- Stuart Gruskin, Chief Conservation and External Affairs Officer, The Nature Conservancy New York
- Samantha Levy, New York Policy Manager, American Farmland Trust
- Sacha Spector (Moderator), Program Director for the Environment, Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
All interested funders.
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Program
Registration is required by March 25th.
Registrants will receive log-in details before the program date.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Members of New York Environmental Funders Network (non-PNY members): To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Create an account or log in above and click the Register Now link. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.