*This program is hosted by our partner, Funders' Committee for Civic Participation (FCCP), who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
On International Women’s Day, the 116th Congress took a historic step by advancing HR 1, the For the People Act. This comprehensive package is the most ambitious democracy reform effort since the Civil Rights era, offering a wide range of solutions designed to strengthen our democracy for the 21st century. These reforms aim to address profound and accelerating threats to our democracy by strengthening campaign finance, voting, redistricting, and ethics laws. The Declaration for American Democracy (DFAD), a broad based collaboration of over 128 organizations, came together to build the public will needed to help make HR 1 the first bill filed by the New Congress. The coalition is made up of civil rights, environmental, labor, faith based, health, gun safety, immigration, science, choice and reform organizations. The DFAD champions critical reforms that will ensure that our democracy is responsive to all people - and not just the deep pocketed few.
- A closer look at how policy leaders, advocates, and organizations are collaborating to build collective power to stand up for a representative government that truly reflects the promise of American democracy
- Noah Bookbinder, Executive Director, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW)
- Lisa Gilbert, Vice President of Legislative Affairs, Public Citizen
- Vanita Gupta, President & CEO, Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Sabeel Rahman (Moderator), President, Demos
Registration is required by March 24th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In collaboration with