Strategic philanthropy is increasingly requiring advocacy and creative collaboration to achieve its goals. Funders, investors, and social entrepreneurs are eager to go beyond traditional grantmaking to employ innovative approaches to achieving impact, including an increased appetite for collaboration, a willingness to invest in advocacy, and being creative with the vehicles they create and fund.
This panel will discuss the advantages of using a combination of tools—investment capital, intellectual capital, networks, influence, convening power, capacity to take risks—to maximize the impact of your grantmaking.
- Why 501c4s should be an important tool to consider (c4s picking up where c3s left off)
- How c3s can work with c4s to achieve greater impact
- How often foundations are helping c3s develop c4s
- Questions your board might ask and how to address them
- The status of regulation – threat of possible changes and donor disclosure
- Isaiah Castilla, Counsel, Alliance for Justice
- Stephen McConnell, President, Civic Participation Action Fund
- Shelley Whelpton, Managing Director, Arabella Advisors
- Nan Aron (Moderator), Founder and President, Alliance for Justice
All interested funders.
2:45-3:00 PM Check-in
3:00-5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by September 28th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Non-Member Funders: Create an account or log in above and click the Register Now link. ($150 fee)