Philanthropy New York strives to catalyze and support a more just and equitable philanthropic ecosystem in which many forms of power are recognized, shared, and built with those who are most harmed by racialized policies and practices.
To develop Philanthropy New York's 2022 - 2027 Strategic Framework, we engaged in a 16-month process with staff, board, members, and sector partners reflecting on our vision, values, and role in the sector. We asked - what is the commitment we must make to deepen the equity work we started many years ago? The answer, outlined in this framework, is a restructuring of our institution and institutional relationships to become an anti-racist organization.
The document includes:
- background and context,
- grounding analysis from which we are working,
- our vision for what we believe is possible in philanthropy,
- the organizational strengths Philanthropy New York brings to this vision,
- our specific commitments that will guide what we do internally and externally, and
- how we will be accountable to the vision.