Wednesday, March 2, 2016
NY Women's Foundation, Pfizer Among "Above & Beyond" Honorees"
City & State announced its 2016 "Above & Beyond" award honorees, a recognition for 25 New York women of "public and civic mind."
Ana Oliveira, President and CE0, New York Women's Foundation, will be honored. The New York Women’s Foundation is a voice for women and a force for change, bringing together a cross-cultural alliance of women and aiming to achieve sustained economic security and justice for women and girls. Also, Molly Williams, Director, Government Relations and Advocacy and Professional Affairs at Pfizer, will be honored. Pfizer is a leading pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures and markets prescription human and veterinary medicines, and consumer healthcare products.
From the several hundred nominations received, below is the 2016 selection of women who exhibit exemplary leadership and have made important contributions across the fields of business, organized labor, non-profit, media and public service. The women will be honored at an event on March 31.
- Nisha Agarwal, Mayor's Office for Immigrant Affairs
- Marisol Alcantara, NYS Nurses Association
- Michelle Anderson, The CUNY School of Law
- Lou-Ellen Barkan, Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders, New York City, Inc.
- Deborah Bradley, Women Builders Council
- Evelyn DeJesus, United Federation of Teachers
- Beth Finkel, AARP New York
- Jennifer Goodstein, NYC Community Media, LLC
- Karen Ignagni, EmblemHealth
- Camille Joseph, Office of New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer
- Elizabeth Jensen, National Public Radio
- Lesley A. Massiah-Arthur, Fordham University
- Jeanne Mullgrav, Capalino+Company
- Amanda Norejko, Sanctuary for Families, CBWLS
- Ana Oliveira, New York Women's Foundation
- Eunic Ortiz, Stonewall Democrats of New York City/1199 SEIU
- Christine Quinn, Win
- Vicki Schneps, Schneps Communications
- Suzanne Shank, Siebert Brandford Shank & Co.
- Nancy True, Local 237, IBT
- Erica Vargas, District Council 37
- Audrey Weiner, The New Jewish Home
- Molly Williams, Pfizer
- Cheryl Wills, New York 1 News