Carnegie Corp.’s Academic Leadership Award Recognizes Seven University Presidents
Carnegie Corporation of New York today named seven exceptional American college and university presidents as recipients of its Academic Leadership Award. The honor consists of $500,000 in support for each winner’s academic initiatives.
The award recognizes educators who, in addition to fulfilling their administrative and managerial roles with dedication and creativity, demonstrate vision and an outstanding commitment to excellence in undergraduate education, the liberal arts, equal opportunity, the development of major interdisciplinary programs, international engagement, and the promotion of strong ties between their institutions and their local communities. The 2017 honorees are:
- Joseph E. Aoun: President, Northeastern University; Boston, Massachusetts
- Mark P. Becker: President, Georgia State University; Atlanta, Georgia
- John J. DeGioia: President, Georgetown University; Washington, D.C.
- Nariman Farvardin: President, Stevens Institute of Technology; Hoboken, New Jersey
- Maria Klawe: President, Harvey Mudd College; Claremont, California
- DeRionne Pollard: President, Montgomery College; Rockville, Maryland
- Barbara R. Snyder: President, Case Western Reserve University; Cleveland, Ohio