New York City Vision Funders Network is a peer network of grantmakers who fund or are interested in the program area of blindness and vision rehabilitation services and eye care for people who are blind or visually impaired. The Network’s aim is to advance members’ knowledge of: (1) current and emerging needs among people who are blind or visually impaired and (2) opportunities and challenges in funding effective NYC area programs that are working to address these needs.
Towards these ends, Network meetings feature:
- The sharing of members’ current grantmaking priorities and experience, including notable achievements and troubleshooting needs.
- Invited speakers, at selected meetings, including key grantees and blindness services, vision rehabilitation, eye care, and public policy experts.
While the Network has no formal goals for collaborative funding, over the years, many funders with similar strategic goals have collaborated successfully on particular vision-related projects.
Upcoming meetings will be posted on Philanthropy New York's calendar of events. The Network cordially invites all interested funders to join us.
- Andy Fisher, Executive Director, Lavelle Fund for the Blind (email@example.com)
- Susan Olivo, Executive Director, Readers Digest Partners for Sight Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rachel Pardoe, Program Officer, Healthy Lives: People with Special Needs and Animal Welfare, New York Community Trust (email@example.com)