The New York City Aging Funders Network is a peer network of grantmakers who fund or are interested in the program area of healthy aging and services for older adults. The Network’s aim is to advance members’ knowledge of: (1) current and emerging needs among older adults and the organizations that serve them and (2) opportunities and challenges in funding effective NYC area programs that are working to address these needs.
Towards these ends, Network meetings feature:
- The sharing of members’ current grantmaking priorities and experience, including notable achievements and troubleshooting needs
- Invited speakers, at selected meetings, including key grantees and aging services, healthy aging, and public policy experts
While the Network has no formal goals for collaborative funding, over the years, many funders with similar strategic goals have collaborated successfully on particular projects.
Upcoming meetings will be posted on Philanthropy New York's calendar of events. The Network welcomes all interested funders to join us.
- Rachel Pardoe, Program Officer, Healthy Lives: People with Special Needs and Animal Welfare, The New York Community Trust
- Rachael N. Pine, Senior Program Officer, Health, Altman Foundation
- Julio Urbina, Director, Healthy Aging Program, The Fan Fox and Leslie R. Samuels Foundation
- Lauren Weisenfeld, Deputy Director, Healthy Aging Program, The Fan Fox and Leslie R. Samuels Foundation