The Leadership Transitions Funders Group is a network of program executives and those leading grantmaking strategies and practices committed to holistically supporting organizations through successful leadership transitions from a racial equity and social justice lens. Together, they bring their unique knowledge, perspectives, and experiences to explore philanthropic best practices and funder behavior tied to community and social change.
Leadership Transitions Funders Group meets three times a year to produce programming and partnership opportunities that:
- share funder best practices about the types of nonprofit transitions that are taking place and how new leaders and leaders of color are trained and nurtured.
- encourage strategic collaborations to advocate improvements around the racial leadership gap in the nonprofit sector.
- build a community within philanthropy committed to strategic dialogue and action around racial equity and social justice.
For additional details or information regarding the Leadership Transitions Funders Group, please contact Yi-Ching Lin, VP of Learning at Philanthropy New York.
- Lori Bezahler, President, Edward W. Hazen Foundation
- Lisa Cowan, Vice President, Robert Sterling Clark Foundation
- Joey Lee, Program Officer, Open Society Foundations
- Liz Sak, Executive Director, Cricket Island Foundation
Current members of the network can access the discussion group here or under My Account when logged in.