The Leadership Transitions Funders Group is a network of program executives and those leading grantmaking strategies and practices committed to holistically supporting organizations through successful leadership transitions from a racial equity and social justice lens. Together, they bring their unique knowledge, perspectives, and experiences to explore philanthropic best practices and funder behavior tied to community and social change.
From 2019 to 2023, the Leadership Transitions Funders Group met three times a year to produce programming and partnership opportunities that:
- share funder best practices about the types of nonprofit transitions that are taking place and how new leaders and leaders of color are trained and nurtured.
- encourage strategic collaborations to advocate improvements around the racial leadership gap in the nonprofit sector.
- build a community within philanthropy committed to strategic dialogue and action around racial equity and social justice.
We are excited to elevate this conversation on a national scale through the launch of Leading Forward, a national community of practice focused on more equitable leadership transitions in the nonprofit sector. You can join the Leading Forward community today to participate in joint learning and access resources for equitable leadership transitions.
For additional details or information regarding Leading Forward, please visit their website.
- Lori Bezahler, President, Edward W. Hazen Foundation
- Lisa Cowan, Vice President, Robert Sterling Clark Foundation
- Joey Lee, Program Officer, Open Society Foundations
- Liz Sak, Executive Director, Cricket Island Foundation