Philanthropy New York is excited to announce the soft launch of our new website!
The new site will vastly improve so many of the ways you interact with us and how we serve you. But in order to access all of the new ways members can use our services through the site, take a moment to log onto the site and update your settings. You’ll save yourself lots of time in the future and receive more targeted information from us when you update your profile with your topical and professional interests and tell us how you want to receive news from us.
Easy step-by-step instructions:
1. Log in.
- To activate your account, enter your email address on the Request a Password page.
- Click the "Email New Password" button. You will receive a link via email. (If you do not receive an email right away, please check to see if it was redirected to your spam folder.)
- Click the link in your email, which will take you to the "Reset Password" page.
- On the “Reset Password” page, click the "Log In" button.
- Enter your new password and click "Save."
2. Update Your Profile
- Once you save your new password, you will be directed to the “Edit Profile” tab of your PNY account. (Edit your profile any time by going to My Account, Edit and then Edit Profile.)
- There are many pieces of information you can add here, but the most important is to indicate your professional and topical areas of interest so that you can connect with members who share your interests and, in the future, we send you only the emails you want to receive. Just click within each box to see additional options to choose from.
- Save your profile.
- [Optional] Add a photo to your member directory profile by clicking on the Account tab and uploading a picture.
3. Choose Your News
On the Edit Profile tab, you can change how often you receive e-news from PNY by email. Just scroll down and select your "New York PhilanthroPost Frequency"
- Bi-Monthly: To continue receiving the monthly general newsletter and the monthly policy-focused newsletter.
- Weekly: If you’d like to get more timely information from us, chose “Weekly” to receive a once-a-week digest of philanthropy news of the region.
- Daily: If you really want to stay on top of things and receive a short compendium of philanthropy new delivered to your inbox every morning of the work week, choose “Daily.”
By RSS Feed
Another news option on the new site is to subscribe to one of dozens of RSS feeds. Interested in news about workforce development? Want to follow all the “Jobs in Philanthropy” postings? You can subscribe to six different categories of news and 26 different topical areas on My New York PhilanthroPost.
We have tried to make getting started as simple and intuitive as possible, but if you encounter any problems along the way, please email our dedicated support email – email@example.com – and a PNY staff member will provide prompt assistance. Or call us at 212-714-0699.
This is a soft-launch and we have many improvements and additions we plan to implement over the coming months and years. We will be adding new features and functionality soon, so we want to hear from you about what’s working and what you’d like to see next.