Do you shy away from networking events because you never know exactly what to say to strangers? Or struggle with coming up with a personal elevator speech? Are you reluctant to stay after programs to talk and connect with fellow attendees?
Philanthropy New York offers hundreds of opportunities through programs to build relationships with peers that will enrich your professional work. But the first step of striking up a conversation with a stranger can be hard.
Perfecting Your Pitch is an interactive workshop for young professionals on the art of networking. Led by Jan Brown and Jen Schenkel, certified career coaches, the program will help you learn the art of networking and practice your skills with young professionals in a safe space.
At this Program You Will:
- Get clear about the story you are telling with your pitch
- Clarify what’s holding you back
- Practice with your peers and receive feedback on your pitch
- Jan Brown, Certified Life and Career Coach
- Jen Schenkel, Certified Life and Career Coach
Please plan to stay after the program for happy hour!
Young Leader events are designed for Philanthropy New York members in their 20s and 30s.