Monday, November 2, 2015 -
12:45pm to 4:00pm EST
Philanthropy New York, 1500 Broadway, 7th Floor, NYC
Members of PNY & Partner Orgs:
Add to Calendar
Join us for a conversation with key philanthropic leaders and advocates from the field who have worked to achieve the freedom to marry. With special, but not exclusive, focus on the Civil Marriage Collaborative, we will explore the role philanthropy played in shaping and helping to execute key components of the comprehensive strategy to win marriage equality.
Don’t miss this opportunity for partners and allies across social justice philanthropy to have robust discussions intended to inform — and further maximize — the impact of grantmakers on social justice objectives and goals.
- Challenges, missteps and the limitations of foundation support in such work
- Lessons learned at all levels – that can help inform, shape and drive future philanthropic initiatives to advance social justice goals
- A preview a short video highlighting and documenting the role philanthropy and the CMC played in the fight for marriage equality, titled, "Hearts & Minds -- The Story of the Civil Marriage Collaborative"
- Release and discussion of a publication on philanthropy, the CMC and the incredible freedom to marry campaign, titled, HEARTS AND MINDS: The untold story of how Philanthropy and the Civil Marriage Collaborative helped America embrace the freedom to marry
- Steve Foster, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Overbrook Foundation
- Meg Gage, President and Executive Director, Proteus Fund
- Paul Di Donato, Civil Marriage Collaborative Director, Proteus Fund
- Tim Sweeney, Philanthropic Advisor
- Rebecca Fox, Program Officer, Wellspring Advisors
- Jason Franklin, W.K. Kellogg Chair in Community Philanthropy, Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy, Grand Valley State University
- Jeana Frazzini, Co-Director, Basic Rights Oregon
- Kate Kendell, Executive Director, National Center for Lesbian Rights
All interested funders.
12:45 - 1:00 PM Check-in
1:00 - 4:00 PM Program
1:00 - 4:00 PM Program
Registration is required by October 30.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)