Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is defined as using resources wisely and acting responsibly. Social media is a primary medium that is used to deliver CSR messages to well-parsed groups of stakeholders. CSR‘s core purpose is to give back and, in doing so build stronger relationships with stakeholders. Some say it is also the medium where reputations are won and lost- why is that? Statistics show that Twitter and Facebook can more effectively reach the readers who care passionately about social and environmental issues than do traditional mass media. Then, how do you ensure that you are communicating well with your employees and other stakeholders about how your organization is acting responsibly? What channels do you use, how often and when do you communicate? What are some of the challenges of the programs that your are implementing and what are strategies that work?
Join our dynamic panelists to learn from their experiences of engaging internal and external stakeholders using social media. In a roundtable format, share your ideas, and learn from your peers about what works and what does not. You will leave with an understanding of best practices that are being used by your colleagues and how to overcome challenges.
- Deep complexities of these programs, the risks, the opportunities, how to operationalize globally?
- How to translate your CSR work into a communications campaign and what those tensions are between these groups within the organization running the project?
- Jodi Ehrens, Manager, Employee Engage and Communications, MAC Cosmetics
- Dana Graves, Vice President, Digital Communications, Citi
- Molly Hess, Strategist, Praytell Strategy
- Florencia Spangaro, Director, Stakeholder Engagement & Strategy, Citi Foundation
- Kelly Fisher (Moderator), Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility, Ogilvy Public Relations
All communications staff and corporate funders.
9:00 AM - 9:15 AM Check-in
9:15 AM - 11:15 AM Program
Registration is required by March 25th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.