*This program is hosted by our partner, Asset Funders Network (AFN), who has extended an invitation to PNY members.*
Single women in the United States are increasingly entering retirement with too few assets. In fact, the gender wealth gap is widening for this population. Single women of all ages own just $.32 for each dollar owned by single White men - with single Black and Hispanic women owning less than $.01 on every dollar.
The gender wealth gap—exacerbated by a deeper racial wealth gap—goes far beyond wage inequality and is compounded by imbalances in our tax code, employer-based benefits structures, the Social Security system, as well as market-based products and services. Women between the ages of 45-65 represent the first generation to benefit from the 1960s and 1970s social movements that made progress on combating discrimination in higher education, housing, access to home and business credit and other areas. Yet the data shows that many of these women are struggling financially.
With the median net worth of this cohort dropping 36 percent in the past 20 years, this wealth gap impacts not only current generations but threatens the financial security of future generations. In the past, wealth inequality has been largely overlooked in income-focused discussions of women’s economic security.
Join us for this webinar where we explore the latest data on this gender wealth gap for single women. The soon-to-be-released Brief and webinar are generously supported by the Dallas Women's Foundation, AARP, JPMorgan Chase & Co., and Chicago Foundation for Women.
- How philanthropy can influence and develop interventions
- Opportunities to support the financial health of future generations by stabilizing the financial security of women between 45-65
- Amy Castro Baker, PhD, MSW, Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania
- Dena L. Jackson, Ph.D, Senior Vice-President of Grants & Research, Dallas Women's Foundation
- Heather McCulloch, Founder and Director, Closing the Women's Wealth Gap Initiative
- Mona Masri (Moderator), Western Region Program Officer, Asset Funders Network
All interested funders.
Registration is required by July 31st.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.