Please join us for a discussion with New York City Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott as he presents his strategic priorities and plans for the NYC Department of Education, followed by a Q&A session with senior Department of Education leadership.
Access to an education that prepares young people to succeed in school, college and the workplace is the greatest social and economic challenge we face as a city and as a nation. Higher education, once a goal for a few students, has now become practically required to secure a livable income and build economic security. To prepare our children for success, we must have schools that expect and support higher learning standards that are embraced by informed and engaged families and communities. We invite you to learn more and get involved in this critical effort.
- Dennis Walcott, Chancellor, NYC Department of Education.
- Dorita Gibson, Deputy Chancellor, Division of Equity and Access.
- Jesse Mojica, Executive Director, Division of Family and Community Engagement.
- Shael Polakow-Suransky, Chief Academic Officer and Senior Deputy Chancellor, Division of Academics, Performance and Support.
- Marc Sternberg, Deputy Chancellor, Division of Portfolio Planning.
All interested funders.