Small business is experiencing a vanguard moment in its role to build wealth and close the racial and gender wealth gaps. CDFIs are gaining recognition as a tool to effectively support America’s small businesses and address access to capital and technical assistance for entrepreneurs of color. Many advocates rightly called on the federal government to include specific funding for CDFIs in its second pandemic response package. And, a number of funds as well as policies are poised to increase CDFI investments to address inadequacies and inequities in the small business ecosystem and help Main Street thrive. On March 10, 2022 Greater New York Asset Funders Network focused on building capacity for CDFIs.
Please join Asset Funders Network on next conversation: Policies that Support a Thriving Small Business Ecosystem that will examine the federal, state, and local policies that can help CDFIs build capacity, increase and ease investments, and support entrepreneurs of color to thrive.
What will you learn?
- What supporting policies and practices will help to build the small business ecosystem for people of color
- How do national, state, and municipal policies and practices interconnect to create a supportive small business ecosystem
- What is the best way for philanthropy to support and align with policies that support small business
- Aside from CDFIs, what other types of financial underwriting are focused on support for entrepreneurs of color
- How can philanthropy best support this work
Who should attend?
All interested funders. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
- Beth Bafford, Vice President, Calvert Impact Capital
- Nancy Carin, Executive Director, BOC Capital Corp.
- Mark Herbert, Chief Strategy Officer, Small Business Majority
- Hope Knight, President and CEO, Empire State Development
- Kristen Scheyder (Moderator), Senior Vice President, Citi Foundation
- List of Speakers in Formation
How do I sign up?
Registration is required by March 28th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.