The role and function of grants management continues to evolve in organizations across the philanthropic sector. Participate in two highly-interactive sessions, focused on reflecting on your current role in your organization and strategizing how best to advocate for yourself at work, while networking with other grants management colleagues from the area.
Join the PEAK Grantmaking New York Regional Chapter, Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy-EPIP New York, and Philanthropy New York for a meeting focused on your professional development!
Your Professional Evolution in Grants Management
The role and function of grants management continues to evolve in organizations across the philanthropic sector. As a grants management professional, you are performing new roles, broadening your responsibilities, and expanding your impact throughout your organization. This time of change requires you to develop new skills, communicate differently, and look ahead to the future. In this interactive session, we will discuss the evolution of the grants management model, the current state of grantmaking operations in your organization, and how you can reach the next level of effectiveness.
- How to audit your organization’s current stage in the grants management evolution model
- Strategies to advance your organization to the next stage in the evolution model
- Professional development plans for your career growth
- The benefits of change to your organization’s leadership
Advocating for Yourself Activity & Discussion
Whether you’d like to enroll in a professional development course, take the lead on a new project, or change a process to make your work more efficient—how you ask is just as important as why you are asking. Knowing some basic negotiating tactics and understanding the right way to prepare for your conversation can help you better advocate for yourself and position yourself as a strategic leader in your organization.
- Effective tactics to reframe how you advocate for yourself to achieve the best possible outcomes
- How to use conversation as an opportunity to showcase yourself as a leader
- How to prepare and practice an important conversation you’d like to have to advocate for yourself at work
- Sara Sanders, Regional Chapter Manager, PEAK Grantmaking
- Melissa Sines, Effective Practices Manager, PEAK Grantmaking
- Ebony Wilkinson, Department Coordinator, Ford Foundation & EPIP New York Chapter Leader
All interested funders.
1:45 - 2:00 PM Check-in
2:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by October 31
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of PEAK Grantmaking and EPIP: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.