A half-day conference exploring the connections between all types of philanthropy and the progress of women and girls locally and around the world.
Philanthropy New York is pleased to announce that Hillary Rodham Clinton, former United States Secretary of State, will be the featured speaker for our 35th Annual Meeting.
Sec. Clinton will discuss her work toward the goal of full participation of women and girls at home and abroad, and what philanthropy can do today to improve human rights and economic empowerment for all people. She will focus on the No Ceilings initiative, an effort led by Sec. Clinton and the Clinton Foundation to bring together partner organizations to evaluate and share the progress women and girls have made in the 20 years since the UN Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing.
The session with Sec. Clinton will be the final portion of a half-day conference exploring the connections between all types of philanthropy and the progress of women and girls locally and around the world.
While some elements are still being finalized, we hope you will join us for this full slate of programming:
12:45-1:00 p.m. Registration
1:00-1:30 p.m. PNY Business meeting
- Board Members officially elected
- President and Chair of the Board present major achievements of 2013
*The following program schedule is subject to change*
1:30-2:45 p.m. Break Out Sessions
- Option 1: Women’s Economic Security in the United States. What can philanthropy do to help make work pay for all women? What national strategies from around the nation can be employed in New York?
- Option 2: Language and Cultural Understanding: Does Philanthropy Understand the Complexities of Gender?
- Option 3: Women and Power Worldwide What are the best opportunities for philanthropy to support full inclusion of women and girls in a wide array of nations across many program strategies?
3:00-4:00 p.m. Rapid Fire Talks
These quick 10-minute presentations by fascinating women will be followed by a brief 20-minute discussion of common themes with a moderator.
- Janet Mock, Trustee, Arcus Foundation
- Farhana Khera, President, National Association of Muslim Lawyers/Muslim Advocates
- Anu Bhagwati, Executive Director, Service Women’s Action Network
4:00-5:30 p.m. Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Welcome: Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
- Address by Sec. Clinton
5:30-6:15 p.m. Reception
Special thanks to the Ford Foundation for hosting this event.
Philanthropy New York members and invited guests.