*This program is hosted by our partner, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR), who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
Sanctuary policies have garnered heightened media attention since the president signed an executive order on January 25 to withhold federal funding from cities that adopt such policies. What are sanctuary policies, and what are the implications of the executive order?
Join us for a discussion co-sponsored by our partners around these timely policy issues affecting immigrants and refugees – and hear how it is particularly relevant or pressing for philanthropy. At the beginning of the call, Kerri Talbot, Partner at The VENG Group, will also provide a general policy update.
- The definition of sanctuary cities and any updated policies
- The impact the “Executive Order: Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States” has on sanctuary cities
- What the loss of federal funding could mean to those in sanctuary cities
- Law enforcement leaders’ perspectives on the administration’s effort to withhold federal funding for sanctuary jurisdictions and how to respond
- Jonathan Blazer, Advocacy and Policy Counsel, American Civil Liberties Union
- Jerry Clayton, Sheriff, Washtenaw County
- Kerri Talbot, Partner, The VENG Group
- Aryah Somers Landsberger (Moderator), Director of Programs, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
All interested funders. Please note that calls are open to GCIR members, other grantmaking institutions, philanthropic advisors, and members and staff of funder affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers. (Participation is limited to organizations that share GCIR’s core values.)
Registration is required by February 15th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
In collaboration with