The COVID-19 pandemic, combined with the resulting economic downturn on the heels of a pre-existing $4-6 billion NYS Medicaid deficit, will necessarily mean leaner times all around, especially for the nonprofit health and human services sector. Regardless of what happens with the November presidential elections, philanthropy will need to make important and difficult decisions as to what to support and why.
A straightforward look at budget realities—on the federal, state, and local level—is a first step for philanthropy to develop a thoughtful, practical, and needed response, both as a sector and as individual foundations. Come hear from experts from the Center for Budget Priorities and Policies in Washington, DC and the New York’s Citizens Budget Commission on the situation of government budgets currently and going forward to help inform your foundations spending decisions and directions.
- The current and short-term future realities of government budgets
- The issues that have contributed to these realities and the core choices ahead
- Timely opportunities and areas to focus foundation resources
- Aviva Aron-Dine, Vice President for Health Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Sharon Parrott, Senior Vice President for Federal Policy and Program Development, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Andrew Rein, President, Citizens Budget Commission
- Brian Byrd (Moderator), Senior Program Officer, New York State Health Foundation
All interested funders, especially health funders, in grantmaking roles. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A and full group discussion.
1:00 PM - 2:15 PM Program
Registration is required by October 20th. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Collaborators: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.