In November 2014 Mayor De Blasio released the Career Pathways report, with ten recommendations including adopting a Career Pathways framework, committing $100 million for training and $60 million in bridge programs. This quarterly meeting will present the analysis and recommendations from the Workforce Agenda report that has been commissioned by the Workforce Funders from the Field Building Hub at WPTI. The report is based on review of New York City initiatives since the beginning of the de Blasio Administration in 2014 including interviews with more than 80 private, non-profit, and philanthropic workforce leaders. This meeting will also provide an update on the state-wide Invest in Skills Campaign that is being conducted by NYATEP, JobsFirstNYC, and Young Invincibles to increase the state investment in workforce programs.
- Plinio Ayala, President and CEO, Per Scholas
- Charles Buice, President, Tiger Foundation
- Steven Dawson, Senior Advisor, Workforce Professionals Training Institute
- Laurie Dien, Vice President—Programs, The Pinkerton Foundation
- Yancy Garrido, Senior Program Officer, The Clark Foundation
- Melinda Mack, Executive Director, NYATEP
- Aaron Shiffman, Executive Director, Brooklyn Workforce Innovations
- Deborah Velazquez, Associate Director, Altman Foundation
- Sandi Vito, Executive Director, 1199 SEIU Training and Employment Funds
- Jessamyn Waldman Rodriguez, CEO and Founder, Hot Bread Kitchen
- Stacy Woodruff, Director, Field Building Hub, Workforce Professionals Training Institute
- Patricia Jenny (Moderator), Vice President for Grants, New York Community Trust
All interested funders.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by September 11.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of NYC Workforce Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.