This virtual Quarterly Meeting of the New York City Workforce Funders will focus on the impact that November’s election results may have on workforce investment at the federal, state, and city levels. The Workforce Funders collaborative has long made advocacy a strategic pillar of its grant-making efforts. Most recently, the collaborative has provided support for the Invest in Skills New York Campaign, led by the New York Association of Training and Employment Professionals (NYATEP), JobsFirstNYC, and the New York City Employment and Training Coalition.
Our final meeting of 2020 will give philanthropic and workforce leaders insight into the current federal advocacy landscape. Join Melinda Mack (NYATEP), David Friedfel (Citizens Budget Commission), and Katie Spiker (National Skills Coalition) for a discussion on the role federal stimulus dollars might play in filling state and city budget gaps; and the potential for federal jobs programs and the reauthorization of the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act (WIOA) to lift up out-of-work New Yorkers.
- NY State and New York City budget forecasts and the potential impact of budget gaps on local workforce programs and services
- The importance of WIOA reauthorization and 2021 stimulus funds to support training, re-skilling, and upskilling pathways
- The National Skills Coalition’s federal policy agenda and strategies to support an inclusive recovery
- Opportunities for funders and workforce leaders to advance new federal and local policy visions
- David J. Friedfel, Director of State Studies, Citizens Budget Commission
- Katie Spiker, Director of Government Affairs, National Skills Coalition
- Melinda Mack (Moderator), Executive Director, New York Association of Training and Employment Professionals
All interested funders in grantmaking roles. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
9:00 - 10:30 AM Program
Registration is required by December 8th.
Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of NYC Workforce Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)