This virtual Quarterly Meeting of the New York City Workforce Funders will focus on the workforce development implications of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- How have the workforce system and community-based organizations pivoted to online training and service delivery since the crisis began? Are these adaptations likely to become permanent?
- What types of jobs and industries should the system prioritize during the road to economic recovery? How will it weather the changes in public and private funding streams?
- How might the field continue to advance equity and address the needs of low-wage workers during the economic recovery?
Join us as we discuss these and other questions as we work to get New Yorkers back to work.
- Whether the workforce system is positioned to take advantage of new opportunities (e.g., federal funding for skills training and infrastrcture jobs)
- Potential new approaches to business engagement
- How the field can continue to advance equity and address the needs of low-wage workers
- Melinda Mack, Executive Director, New York Association of Training and Employment Professionals
- James Parrott, Director of Economic and Fiscal Policy, Center for New York City Affairs at The New School
- Amy Peterson, Director, Mayor's Office of Workforce Development
- Roman Jackson (Moderator), Program Officer, Private Foundation Services, JPMorgan Chase
All interested funders.
9:00 - 10:00 AM Program
Registration is required by June 2nd.
Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of NYC Workforce Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)