The next virtual quarterly convening of the NYC Workforce Funders network will feature NYC’s Deputy Mayor for Economic and Workforce Development, Maria Torres-Springer, and Executive Director of the Mayor’s Office of Talent and Workforce Development, Abby Jo Sigal. Following an overview of the recently released Rebuild, Renew, Reinvent: A Blueprint for New York City’s Economic Recovery, Deputy Mayor Torres-Springer and Executive Director Sigal will join members of the Workforce Funders’ Executive Committee for a discussion of the City’s workforce development priorities.
The session will also include an update on the major workforce development investments in the FY 2023 New York State budget from Melinda Mack, Executive Director of the New York Association of Training and Employment Professionals.
What will you learn?
- The Adams administration’s workforce development priorities
- Opportunities for the philanthropic sector to advance these priorities
- NY State’s FY 2023 workforce development investments and implications for funders, non-profits, and NYC government
- Melinda Mack, Executive Director, New York Association of Training and Employment Professionals
- Abby Jo Sigal, Executive Director, NYC Mayor’s Office of Talent and Workforce Development
- Maria Torres-Springer, Deputy Mayor of Economic and Workforce Development, City of New York
- Laurie Dien (Moderator), Vice President and Executive Director for Programs, The Pinkerton Foundation.
- Roderick Jenkins (Moderator), Program Director, Promising Futures, The New York Community Trust