The New York City Aging Funders Network is a peer network of grantmakers who fund or are interested in the program area of healthy aging and services for older adults.
Philanthropy New York members funding or interested in the area of aging services and healthy aging in New York are invited to join the group's meetings.
Join the New York City Aging Funders Network for its Winter Meeting. The Network’s aim is to advance members’ knowledge of: (1) current and emerging needs among older adults and the organizations that serve them and (2) opportunities and challenges in funding effective NYC area programs that are working to address these needs. Below is the upcoming agenda for the upcoming meeting:
- Age Friendly Health Systems New York State Initiative - Becoming an Age-Friendly Health System entails reliably providing a set of evidence-based elements known as the “4Ms,” to older adults. The 4Ms — What Matters, Medication, Mentation, and Mobility — make care of older adults that can be complex, more manageable. The 4Ms organize care and focus on the older adult’s wellness and strengths rather than solely on disease.
- Reframing Aging NYC - Reframing aging relies on tested strategies and evidence-informed tools that have been found to reduce implicit bias against older people.
- Center for an Urban Future’s latest report: A Blueprint for Expanding & Improving Older Adult Services in NYC
- NYAM Image NYC 2.0 Map - An open-source map of NYC’s current and projected population age 65 and older, provides overlays of available resources, services, and amenities. IMAGE:NYC is a critical tool to support funding, planning, advocacy and direct service needs.
- Time for foundations to share current funding priorities and updates
Grantmakers who are funding or interested in the area of aging services and healthy aging.
Registration is required by February 26th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of New York City Aging Funders Group: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.