Founder-led organizations go through many stages – from idea to execution to scaling impact. And it’s not always seamless! Philanthropic dollars, staff time, and end-user resources can be wasted through inefficient and counterproductive organizational gyrations. As we head into an uncertain post-election world, the work is as vital as ever, and funders and their partner organizations need to be agile and efficient in deploying their limited resources.
Join an intimate discussion among funders and their partners from a wide range of fields as they share stories of what funders have done terribly wrong and positively right to support organizational growth.
This event is planned in collaboration with the Tri-State Area Africa Funders Network, an informal group of like-minded funders, including individuals, foundations, corporations, and consultants, based in the Tri-State area who fund throughout Africa. Although the presenters work in Africa and elsewhere, the lessons presented will be applicable to all funders.
- How funders and impact investors can be supportive during critical junctures of an organization’s development
- What CEOs need in order to grow with their organizations or prepare for transitions
- Specific strategies funders can use to help social enterprise teams learn from other’s experiences, augment their skills with strong management teams or new leadership arrangements, and weather challenges successfully
- Cheryl Dorsey, CEO, Echoing Green and Founder, Family Van
- Willy Foote, Founder and CEO, Root Capital
- Ella Gudwin, CEO, VisionSpring
- Chid Liberty, Founder and CEO, Liberty and Justice and UNIFORM
- Yvonne Moore, Founder, Moore Philanthropy
- Sarah Williams (Moderator), Co-Founder and CEO, Propel Capital
All interested funders.
8:30 - 9:00 AM Check-in & Networking Breakfast
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by January 17th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of Organizers: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee).
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
International Grantmakers Network
The Lester Fund
Robert Sterling Clark Foundation
Tri-State Area Africa Funders Network