Join us for an interactive discussion with DREAM leaders about how they successfully built a new movement for change and succeeded in affecting local and national policy, changing the discourse on immigration, and empowering a new generation of youth leaders.
The United We Dream Network (UWD) is a national immigrant youth-led organization with the mission to achieve equal access to higher education for all people, regardless of immigration status. UWD plays a critical role in organizing DREAM Act eligible youth, also known as DREAMers, across the country. Through national and regional gatherings and leadership development trainings, UWD provides the tools and resources for DREAMers to organize their communities for equal access to higher education and halt the deportations of undocumented youth. With more than 40 affiliate organizations, UWD is expanding its reach and impact by providing programs to address higher education access (Dream Educational Empowerment Program, DEEP); LGBTQ issues (Queer Undocumented Immigrant Project, QUIP); and civic engagement (“Vote for My Life” Civic Engagement and Voter Registration Program).
- How UWD addresses the inequities and obstacles faced by immigrant youth via a sustainable, grassroots movement, led by immigrant youth, documented and undocumented, and children of immigrants.
- How UWD uses leadership development, organizing, policy advocacy, alliance building, training and capacity building to pursue its mission at the local, state and national levels.
- The intersection of UWD’s work with multiple areas of interest to funders, including secondary and higher education, immigration, organizing and movement-building, policy reform strategies, alliance-building, youth empowerment, faith and religion, and communications and civic engagement.
- Cristina Jimenez, Managing Director, United We Dream Network
- Gabriela Pacheco, Project Coordinator, United We Dream Network END (Education not Deportation)
- Adey Fisseha, Policy Attorney, National Immigration Law Center/DREAM Campaign Coordinator
- Carlos Saavedra, National Coordinator, United We Dream Network
- Jorge Gutierrez, Board Member, United We Dream Network National Coordinating Committee
- Erin Howard, Board Member, United We Dream Network
All interested funders.