Our healthcare system today faces many great challenges that include: a rapidly aging population; increases in chronic illness and mental health needs; and the spread of global disease and infection. All of these healthcare challenges are expected to grow over the next decade and beyond.
Watch recording here:
Darlene Curley, CEO of the Jonas Family Fund and Executive Director of the Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare, speaking on the role that philanthropy can play in ensuring America’s healthcare workforce is prepared for the rising demand for healthcare services.
At the same time demand for healthcare services is increasing on a national and global scale, there is a shortage of trained providers and an uneven workforce distribution among our communities. We also are facing decreasing financial resources for training and education of healthcare workers at all levels.
It is essential for philanthropy to be part of the solution to address these challenges.
- National and global healthcare trends and challenges, looking ahead
- Characteristics of the patient, healthcare setting, and healthcare worker of the future
- Overview of current philanthropic support
- Priority funding areas
- Effective funding partnerships and collaborations
In partnership with
- Darlene Curley, CEO, Jonas Family Fund and Executive Director, Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare
- Terry Fulmer, President, John A. Hartford Foundation
- Prabhjot Singh, Director, Arnhold Institute for Global Health, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Louis Sullivan, President Emeritus, Morehouse School of Medicine; Chair, The Sullivan Alliance
- Rob Lott, (Moderator), Deputy Editor, Health Affairs Journal
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
*Reception to follow*
Registration is required by September 26.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of organizers: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee).
Please email email@example.com with any questions.