Tuesday, September 10, 2013 -
3:15pm to 5:00pm EDT
Philanthropy New York, 79 Fifth Ave., 4th floor, NYC
Add to Calendar
Learn about the field of philanthropy from one grants manager's personal perspective. Philanthropy New York members who receive requests for informational interviews from jobseekers may refer those individuals to us for this session.
- The advantages and disadvantages of a career in grants management
- The general day-to-day responsibilities for a grants manager
- A realistic picture of the number of jobs available in the field at a given time
- How grants management is rarely a first profession
- Nonprofit sector jobs other than that of grants manager
This session will not include
- Specific job leads
- Individual interviews with the presenter's contacts within the field
A Philanthropy New York Member Service.
This program is "Completely Open."
- Nicole Howe Buggs, Associate Corporate Secretary & Director, Grants Management, Carnegie Corporation of New York
Individuals interested in learning about careers in the field of philanthropy.