This program is a part of our Climate Change Series.
This September 18-24 marks the 9th Annual Climate Week NYC, a time when leaders from around the globe gather in support of the Paris Climate Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. This summit coincides wth the UN General Assembly, and engages over 500 million people around the world through 100-plus events across our city.
What’s going to get discussed? How might that be relevant to your philanthropy goals?
Join in this program previewing hot topics that we expect to be covered during Climate Week.
- Trends in the field, including the growing relevance of subnational actors with the rise of urbanization and President Trump’s declaration to withdraw from the Paris Agreement
- Corporate, government and nonprofit perspectives on what’s happening to keep the U.S. engaged
- Efforts underway connected to Habitat 3, the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and the Paris Agreement, among others.
- Angela Adrar, Executive Director, Climate Justice Alliance
- Amy Davidsen, Executive Director North America, The Climate Group
- Peter Iwanowicz, Executive Director, Environmental Advocates of New York
- Arturo Garcia-Costas (Moderator), Program Officer, Thriving Communities National and NYC Environment, The New York Community Trust
All interested funders.
9:45 - 10:00 AM Check-in
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Program
Registration is required by September 14th
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)